Preparation Time : 10 minutes.
Cooking Time : 10 minutes.
Makes 8 pankies.
50 grams moong dal
1 tablespoon fresh curds
2 green chillies
1 teaspoon gram flour (besan)
a pinch asafoetida
1 tablespoon chopped coriander
a pinch sugar
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
salt to taste
1. Soak the moong dal in water for 2 hours. Drain.
2. Grind with the fresh curds and green chillies.
3. Add the gram flour, asafoetida, coriander, sugar, lemon juice and salt and mix well.
4. Grease banana leaves lightly.
5. Spread 1 tablespoon of the mixture on one leaf and cover with another leaf. Roast on a tawa (griddle) until brown spots appear on both sides.
6. Serve hot with green chutney.
Health Information :
An excellent low calorie snack which is a good source of protein.